Friday, October 28, 2011

Living alone


I have come across many people saying  something like"Wow, awesome you seriously live alone? Like without parents? Lucky you!" Two or three  years back even I thought the same way when I though of kids living alone in a totally different city , without parents or nagging relatives . I thought , how lucky they must be, going out with friends without permission, coming home late etc...must be so much fun. But now that I live alone (well technically not alone..there are three other girls) I realized that living alone is not all about going out with friends or coming home late or whatever. With living alone comes in  a lot of responsibility. Since am just 16, all this "responsibility"  is like really magnified for me. All this stuff is really new for me and plus there is school work(technically not a school but more of like a college) on top of that. I have to wash my own clothes, make sure it dries up well, fold em and keep then back in my cupboard, prepare my own breakfast and tiffin, sometimes clean up the flat etc etc (things that I have never done before). So what, almost everybody does that.. so many kids live alone. Its easy to say...but anyways maybe I will get used to it like the others. Since it was my first two months without parents I didn't know really well how to do stuffs without it affecting my studies or health. A few weeks back I got to know that I lost 8kgs. Now even my most tightest jeans hangs around my waist like a pajama. Hope I gain weight soon and learn "the rules of living alone" soon. So if any of you are planning to live alone in the near future think again! And if you are really determined to live alone, my first advice will be EAT whatever you get and never ever go on without food even for a few hours.

Take care :)

(subscribe for more "In her blue sneakers")

0 comments: