Saturday, October 29, 2011


Recently I finished a book named "To kill a mocking bird" by Harper Lee. It is very unlikely of me to finish off a book within a week. I read books only when I am jobless. But this novel was.... simply beautiful. The part where Tom Robinson (the black guy accused of raping a white girl) dies, I actually cried. And the part where Scout (daughter of Atticus Finch, the white lawyer defending Tom) actually meets Boo Radley, I felt as if I am standing in front of Boo myself! Atticus Finch is the best character I have ever come across. He actually teaches us how to handle kids without raising our voice or spanking them ( therefore its a must read for Indian parents..lol) . Even under so much of pressure he is always calm. The whole story is beautifully narrated from the view point of an eight year old girl ('Scout' Jean Louise Finch), you feel as if you are eight year old again. Overall I loved this book!!

I am going to my home town in a few hours, therefore I am busy packing stuffs. Haven't been there since the last 3-4 years. Lets see what all has changed there.

Take care  :)



0 comments: