Saturday, December 12, 2009

Indian Weddings





A few days ago I went to a wedding,a typical Indian wedding.As usual was observing people.One of my friend happened to be there and accompanied me the whole evening.She told me the reason of her arrival "Mujhe bas khane se matlab hai" ("All i care about is gorging on food") and sure she proved that.One after the other she tried loads of stuffs while i had only one thing is mind 'I'll go home and have dinner whicj I cooked. No way am eating all this.' But I was bound to eat something so had some stuffs.Well yea I was observing people there and the thing that caught my attention were the species of aunties.It was a cold winter night and I was all wrapped up in my leather jacket but lookin at those aunties it seemed as if it was summer.They had brought shawls with themselves.Occasionally they wrapped it around themselves and after some time put it off and keep them on their laps.The wedding was held at an open lawn so it was really cold....but the chill doesnt bother the aunties.The aunties reminded me of my childhood days when i refused to wear sweaters while going out some where during winters because i thought it would mar my frock's beauty and no one will praise my beautiful frock's embroidery etc (see how fashion conscious I was then unlike now) Around 10 food was served...ah..lovely food...the main attraction of such events.The groom did arrive before the food was served only to be greeted by some family members and some girls...including me and my friend while the others were at the other end of the lawn...uh..eating.The happiness on my friend's face was remarkable as it was dinner time and 'use toh bas khane se matlab hai' (all she cares about is gorging on food).I just had salad and pasta as I had other plans inside my head and after an hour or so we came back home at around 12.I had dinner and then sat down to write this blog post.

6 comments:

Matangi Mawley said...

hey.. no mention on jewelery??!! ;)

Good blog here! :)

Anonymous said...

ohh..ryt!! jewellery!!
stupid of me..

Crazy Blogger said...

lol aunties

how can u forget those sexy girls wearing lehengas?

divyashree Suri (divya) said...

LOL.. Nice one! It is just sooo true!

Mr Happy said...

well vampires dont eat fud, do they ?:P , they eat at 12 o clock in night ;)

Anonymous said...

hahaha ryt! ;)